Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tired of Tiger

I don't know about you but if you appear on the Yahoo page on my computer more than two days in a row, I get a bit weary of the subject. Guess I have succumbed to that instant gratification and then move on mentality that I complain about. Seems that news is no longer news, it is "sensation". I guess that is the price we pay for being addicted to anything. It almost has to be sensation to hang around, or we know about it and move on. Its not like ice cream on the hips. I personally can't remember what the "sensation" was before Tiger. I think it may have been Kate and the Eight Kids, or it could have been John Edwards admitting he fathered a child while married to Elizabeth, or it could have been the quarterback of the Pittsburg Steelers (if they still play there) who seems to have a last name I can't pronounce and who seems to spend a lot of time in bars (I neglected to read the whole story on him). Unfortunately "sensation" is almost always bad or sad news.

The one I read in its entirety ran just the other day, "rumor that Elizabeth Taylor was going to marry her manager" Funny think it only hung around a day and a half. Made me feel old. In my heyday that would have been news for at least a whole issue of Photoplay. But alas Liz says its not so. I know, I know, she married what was it, nine times. She had more illnesses than anyone I can think of. All sorts of things that make her so not a role model. But she was mine. I loved every move she made, followed her with devotion, found myself at times thinking I must look like her. Being surprised when I looked in the mirror and didn't. She is 77 years old and I still wish I looked like her. I read that entire blurb on Yahoo.

When you think about eyes, who do you think about. I think Elizabeth Taylor and Paul Newman, Both old news.

After all there is only one "Good News". I hope you will follow it in the book. Its not on Yahoo much. Makes me think Yahoo is not really that important.


4 comments:

  1. Your "punch line" was exactly what I was thinking as I read thru your piece. That's what more people should be talking about. I can't understand the media infatuation with all of these celebrities whom I could care less about--why not discuss their salvation? Politically incorrect I guess.
    Lee
    Blogging From A to Z April Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth sent me over. Who is Elizabeth Taylor? Did she date Tiger Woods? J/K... I know who Tiger Woods is. Fascinating stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    You are correct in your assessment of "news". It is no time until what is hot, is not. Nothing is going to be as hot as Hell is when people who don't have Jesus as their Saviour land there. Keep up the good work, friend.
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Followed Beth's recommendation and gave your site a visit. SO funny! Can't wait to read more.

    -Carmen

    ReplyDelete