Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Shopping, Stuff, Shower Curtains


I missed the shopping gene. Never have liked to shop. Only go when I have run out of clothes or have upped a size. More often upped a size than out. Tend to have 5 or 6 outfits and don't change around. Oh sometime I think I would like to have more clothes, but then I realize I would actually have to go inside a store to buy them. Could order, but it never is just right and then I never get around to sending it back. thats why most of my orders go to my Church's work with feeding and clothing the under privileged. So ordering has a purpose.

Found a purse I liked going on about four years ago. Friend had one, I coveted it, so when she went to a craft show she got me one. They are all made by a lady who patented the pattern but only sells them at "craft shows". My friend picked out the material, which is different in every purse. She is sort of like my sister. She would always know what I like. Even though the material is definitely winter (which we don't have very long here in this part of Texas) I have carried that purse every day since I put my "stuff" in it. They don't wear out. Winter,Spring, Summer, Fall.

Now to be truthful, here in North Central Texas we only have one day of Spring and one day of Fall. Those are the two day you can drive a convertible with the top down, or sit outside and eat. The rest of the time its either Winter or Summer.

I like this purse so much that I actually went with my sister to a "craft show" and bought 3 of them and gave them for gifts. It was during the winter and I didn't see the need to get me another one. I found out a long time ago that a Craft show only has "stuff" for sale. I don't do "stuff" Criteria for anything I buy. "If it has to be dusted, I don't need it". Life is simple, My sweet daughter gave me a purse for Christmas which is so pretty. I put my "stuff" in it. Didn't fit. She wants so badly to be able to buy me something. I realize its not easy.

My friend and I have made a bargain. the next craft show she will get me a different same purse.

When we moved back here from East Texas ten years or so ago, I had to put up a shower curtain. Could not find one I liked. Finally one day at Lowes (not where I would normally go to buy a shower curtain) while waiting on Mate to buy a nail or something, I noticed they had shower curtains. Saw one I like. Has shells on it. Liked the color. Reasonable. Bought it. Thats how I shop. Put it up. Mate liked it. Said it looked familiar. We both remembered that it was the one we had in East Texas for 7 years, I have since replaced it with one just like it. My Rules for Living book says I should not fool with something I like or something that fits.

Back before women began to wear pants, I did shop. Found a dress I liked. Thought it looked great on me. They had it in a fushia and blue. I bought both of them. Wore one one week and the other the next. It worked. Found a skirt that I liked at Macys in Tyler, Texas. I bought one in every color they had. Just a simple straight skirt. No one noticed they were all alike. Don't like change much. Those shopping trips were when I discovered I could live without change. Now there is one exception to that. I am the one with the remote control. I don't enjoy much television but do love to click. Married to mate almost 57 years. Kept the same children, grandchildren and sister all these years. Its worked out pretty well for me. Have the same Church family for over fifty years. Been a Democrat all my life. Kept the same job for thirty years before retiring and moving to East Texas to a different job. Lived in the same house for 30 years . I really don't have an exciting life but I like it this way. I believe the True Excitement is yet to come.



2 comments:

  1. Amen Sister! But I bet Mate thinks living with you is plenty exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I like some change, but am particular in what I change. I have many purses, which I keep and use, then put away, and sometimes pull out one I have used for a while and then use it some more. I have a whole suitcase of purses. Just bought a new one for a wedding. :) I buy a new wristwatch every few months, just like jewelry. I, too, look forward to the time I get to live in Heaven with Jesus.
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete