Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ding Dongs, Demons, Diets

Two person in Family are thin. A niece lives in Tennessee and actually likes salad with fat free dressing, broiled chicken, whole wheat toast without butter and for a treat low fat pudding, The other is her Dad, who is thin because of genetics. He got it from his Dad. My sister is "petite", but admittedly has to keep working at it, I have a grandson who lost a lot of weight. Fell in love at a late age, she did not and left causing big time loss, A broken heart works wonders, I never had one. Niece would never eat a Ding Dong. She would think it was bad for her. Her dad and my grandson would eat one out of the package. They have the ability to stare temptation in the face and would think because there are two in a package they were meant to be eaten on different days. I on the other hand know better. Rest of the family, like most people I know have to work at it constantly.

Ding Dongs, Hostess Cakes greatest concoction. Shaped like a hockey puck, soft cake, a creamy filling which was made by angels. Frosted all over with chocolate that you can easily eat off the whole thing before attacking the cake. Packaged two inside an easily opened wrap. (I have noticed that things that are good for me are hard to get into, other things not so much)

Some persons have demons, those little men with black suits, pitchforks and long tails that sit on your shoulder and whisper in your ear. We all have them, Some are more active than others. They are assigned to you depending on what your weakness is. I don't believe God assigned them. I believe the Demon with a capital"D" did so. Its a test. One you sometimes take using a "red" pencil.

This of course adds up to diets. Atkins, South Beach, Mayo Clinic 3 day Diet, Dolly Partain Soup, Spinach and Eggs, Grapefruit, Nurti System, Jenny Craig, Richard Simmons, Bananas and Butter Milk. My pesonal favorite, "The 5 Meal a Day Diet."

My personal demon whispers things like "its a special day", "no need to keep that little bit, just eat it", don't waste food". Sometime he whispers loud and you may have heard him. He's sneaky. I personally know that all the diets will work, or at least as long as you stay with them. Its the day you go off....then here comes the exercise equipment. We have bought it all in our time. Not any more, we learned better a long time ago. There are other ways to throw money away. I won't even watch Chuck Norris in a TV program. I'm afraid he will burst into infomercial. The rowing machine sits against the wall covered in ivy. Makes a wonderful conversation starter. "what a unique planter!" The treadmill has a great handle; keep it in the laundry room for hanging clothes out of the dryer. We were even talked into buying, of all things, A STEP. We bought a STEP. Can you imagine. Why didn't we just stack some of those diet books we have never completely read and step on those. I have never known anyone who actually read every page of a diet book. I do know persons who have read every page of the Bible. The Bible readers are much better off.

Whoops, I don't have time to finish this. Weight Watchers starts in ten minutes!


1 comment:

  1. I do love coming here to read what you have to say! This one was especially great! :) Stepping on unread diet books ... ha!

    ReplyDelete