Wednesday, May 11, 2011

CAN IT GET ANY BETTER




Last evening I was privileged to substitute for sister and play a silly little game called Bunco. I say its a silly little game because it takes no talent, no strategy, and you don't even have to concentrate, The whole purpose of the game is to sit down and "visit". I played with eleven Christian women, ranging in age from the youngest who is 20 to myself at 75. I still think i am much older than Vollie. Among the women were a Mother and Daughter, two mothers in law with their daughter in laws, There was a young lady who had killed a snake and who trains horses. There was a retired teacher who still occasionally substitutes at the Christian School, a dear friend of mine, who I had never seen laugh so hard and have such a good time; A young mother who from outward appearances has no cares and no worries Her personality is serene and so calm. Not a care in the world, Yet we all know she has anguished and stood by the side of a husband who underwent Chemo, who we prayed over, who has seen him through remission and whose daughter is to move away to begin her career in a far away big City (well not too far away) A very happy lady who has been hired for a job at the college and a mother who is thrilled that she now has a house to move into, One lady told a story about a long ago anniversary trip, one I had heard before, and we were all laughing so hard that it was difficult to hear this delightful story again. One a woman we all admire who has a husband who needs her care and who has seen a son turn from a life of sin where she thought she had lost him and now she rejoices in the fact that he often preaches from our pulpit and in fact is in charge of the facility where we

met, A beautiful, young woman who laments turning thirty, with two handsome boys and a sweet husband. I came home happy and was met by a freshly groomed schnauzer and a husband who loves me. I read that my sister and her husband were safely home with my great niece.

Then this morning I woke to a tribute written by a niece who I love dearly. Today is the anniversary of the death of her father, my brother in law. One of the finest men I have ever known. I wept for sorrow in missing him and with joy that I know he is with the Father. I thanked God that w had him for the years that we did and I thank God that my sister has a Christian man who is her life companion now and will love and honor her after I have joined Monte with the father.



To all outward appearances we had nothing in common, nothing that would make you think we would enjoy two or three hours spent in each others company tossing three little die around. You already know what is is. Its another Three, but the Three are the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.



It CAN'T get any better,

No comments:

Post a Comment