Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What Time Is It?

Its Howdy Doody "Time". There may be some that do not remember Howdy and Buffalo Bob. I came to know them because I had a small son. Before that I knew Ding Dong School because I had a daughter. That is really reaching back in" time".

Mate has always been rather precise about "time." He wants to know the minute, like its 8:42. I just want to know what day it is, and I'm not too particular about that. Mate and I have always spent a lot of "Time", discussing "Time." Seems like (pardon the pun) a waste of "Time" to me.

He always wanted to be the first to arrive anywhere we were going. I was always just a few steps behind. Sunday morning used to be the worst. He would be ready leaning against the door sighing and I would be putting the last of the make up on. I would always thank him for helping me to hurry by sighing, I was of course being sarcastic, but it never stopped him from sighing.

Something happens as you get older, "Time" to get somewhere is not quite as important as the journey. We go slower, we need less "Time" to get ready. Amazing how when you are older you don't have to do as much. I think its because we discovered that it doesn't really matter if our outlook is perfect. Its more our inlook we think about now days.

1 comment: